Monday 15 April 2013

Clear Warning

I am pretty sure somewhere I mentioned that the visual style of DOBU would be changing, in that I meant I would occasionally use straight lines. DOBU is a very organic looking comic, it's base art style is drawn from all kinds of inspiration like Aboriginal art for example. So when it came to draw the "V-Model" robots I wanted very digital straight lines to contrast it.


And... there is dialogue and narration too! (there was in the first issue, the rocks in the first issue aren't random, they are morse code), this is because DOBU #2 is about to get very complex very quickly contrasting the very simple narrative of the ISSUE #1.

The changes feel weird for me too, but I know it needs to be done to tell the story and make the different characters stand out, it is even harder due to the fact their is only five colors in DOBU.

Thanks to Blambot who make amazing fonts two of which I use on this page "Digital Strip" for the narration and "Mandroid" for the robots speech. You can find more info on Blambot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment