Friday 12 April 2013

We Have it Covered

So I finished neatening up all the artwork last night, it was really good to see it all together in .cbr file just to see how it all looks on-screen next to each other. I knew how I wanted it to look in my head, and how I wanted the pages laid out, but to finally see it all together and to discover there were no problems was nice.


Mixed Media Painted Cover
The cover was good fun to make I did it with my two boys, I drew some circles, we threw paint at them, let them dry, cut them out and stuck them to a huge purple watercoloured "universe" sheet of paper, it is around three feet in length. Scanned it and places the vectorized art over it. The back cover is more of the planets from the painting. I think I will do the rest of the covers in a similar way, most definitely painted.

So the next stage is to get the two story 20 page comic printed (on actual paper) that way I can release the digital and physical copy at the same time. Also I should probably start on the second issue as the story is infinitely more complex in nature, the first issue was just about setting up the art style and the character of DOBU, I know exactly what is to happen I just need to now draw it out.

Here are some images to get you interested.


Very excited by it all, hope you are too.




No comments:

Post a Comment